About Me

My photo
I am a Student at Illinois State University studying Arts Technology.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Appartamento

I finally got my apartment address! I am not 100% sure how to interpret the info I was sent but I think that I am going to get the single room that I applied for. It also looks like the apartment is on the second floor right above a fresh meat shop. I was expecting things to be pretty close together but it looks like all of my classes and maybe even some of the markets are only a 5 to 10 minute walk away. I am also pretty excited because it looks like I am in the same apartment as my friend Catherine, as well as the other person who is in Arts Technology just like I am. Though I don't really know anyone except Catherine, I am glad that I will be in the same building as a handful of other ISU students so I will have plenty of time to get to know them. Meanwhile, I have only 5 days before I leave and I am running around town like a chicken with my head cut off. Ok, maybe an organized chicken with it's head cut off, but there is still some room to be frantic. I don't know if it is because I am a girl or if other people have the same problem, but packing just makes me anxious. I always have a tendency to over pack but I find it is especially true for long trips. I keep trying to tell myself that I can buy stuff there and that I can't possibly pack the entire house but it just feels more comfortable being able to bring a little bit of home with me. Haven't started packing yet so we shall see if I can get all of this "home comfort" to fit into my suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment