About Me

My photo
I am a Student at Illinois State University studying Arts Technology.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Week 7

Week 7

Monday (10-8):


This was the Monday before midterms and it was about a month ago, October 8th to be precise. Unfortunately, due to excessive studying and working on midterm preparations, I didn’t take any notes on the occurrences of this week. All I have to jog my memory are the pictures I took, of which I didn’t take everyday. Today (Monday October 8th) for example, I can only guess that I didn’t do anything other than worked on homework, ran errands, cleaned, and went to class. If I miraculously remember what I did on this day over a month ago, I will add it in for sure. Until then, here we begin my week and a half long anxiety over my midterm projects and exams.

Tuesday (10-9):


NUH 220: Current Trends in Italian Cuisine As mentioned above, all I have are the images to jog my memory, in this class we talked about what the format for the midterm exam would be and what was expected to be on it. After this we set to cooking.

We made Ravioli dip ere e pecorino (ravioli filled with pear and cheese). The dough and filling were all made by hand; we even got to fold, cut, and fill the ravioli ourselves. For desert, we made a sort of parfait, made with yogurt, cookie (for the crust), and fruit. It was all really delicious, and looked nice once we dressed it.

Here are some pictures from NUH 220:



GRA 260: Publishing Design
It this class we turned in our projects from the week before, you can see those below. The assignment we handed in was to make a poster for the “Give Blood” campaign. I made 2, see them below.

After this we got our assignment for our midterm project…compile a book of all of the works we have made so far. Sounds easy, but in design it is really time consuming.



NUH 245: Pairing Food and Wine
In this class we made some stuffed tomatoes, peach custard dissert, and tried a few different types of Rose wine. This was one of my favorite classes so far; the rose wines were some of the best I have tried all semester. The tomatoes were all right but not the best thing I have tasted. And the custard was pretty good as well.

After cooking we got some specific instructions on what the midterm would be like. I like specific Instructions.

Here are the pictures from NUH 245.



Wednesday:


GRA 315:Blog Design
I went to blog design class and turned in my numbers from the week. My blog had been steadily improving but nothing spectacular as far as my numbers. We were given our midterm projects. Basically, we had to report our final numbers for our blog; we were given a goal (percentage) that we were trying to meet. We got graded on if we met these goals; the closer you were to the goal the better the grade.

In addition to our blog, we also had to make a booklet about our blog showcasing some of the key aspects, including numbers.

We were not only being evaluated to determine our grade, but we were also being judged to see who would lead the group project (Blog) for the second half of the semester…no pressure there.

Italian:
We were given our final notes to review, a couple of packets to work on for extra help and some homework assignments. All of this was to prepare us for the midterm.

Thursday:


I can’t remember exactly but I am guessing I studied, did laundry, ran errands, and basically just spent the day trying to be productive.

Friday:


Same as the day before, Catherine and I went walking for a little bit looking for shoes and taking a break from studying. We mainly wanted to walk around to break in our new shoes. You will see them in the pictures below. We also went shopping for Catherine to get a dress. She knew that over break she would be going to a fancy restaurant and was told to dress nicely. She bought a dress and a pair of heels, then bought the pair of black shoes you see in the pictures.

Here are the pictures from Friday.



Saturday and Sunday:


Studying like crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment