About Me

My photo
I am a Student at Illinois State University studying Arts Technology.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Orientation Day One

Here are some pictures I took on the way back to the apartment. Admittedly, we got a little lost but we still made it to where we needed to go...with a few minutes to spare. I am not used to this schedule yet, the last couple of days I either haven't eaten, or I have had lunch at around 4 and dinner a few hours later, part of it is I haven't really gone to get that much food so it is more like, when I am hungry I get food, I will probably have to look and see if I can find anything to eat as snacks on the go, most of the food in stores is pretty fresh so I will be buying food a couple of days at a time. Not too big of a deal with the stores a couple of blocks away.
I went to orientation today and was a little bit disappointed, it wasn't at all what I thought it would be like. I thought we would have lots of questions answered and several things cleared up, not necessarily a two hour lecture like it was. We are supposed to meet with the adviser tomorrow at 9:15 am so hopefully they will explain a few things. I still don't even know if I am expected to have supplies when I get to class or not. And I don't know much about the permit of stay. Hopefully I find out more tomorrow. Catherine and I have decided to walk around and look at class buildings this week end if they don't give us a tour or anything tomorrow. Honestly, all they went over today was basic housing rules that we have read a few times, safety tips, clubs, and a couple of other things. They didn't mention anything about LdM or LdM facilities. If they go over that tomorrow I think we will have a lot to go over.
Anyways, The landlord is supposed to stop by sometime tonight to go over basic facilities like using the washing machine and stuff like that. So not much is planned for tonight, I will probably heat up left overs later tonight and then go to bed so I can get up early in the morning. Hopefully I sleep a little better than I did last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment