About Me

My photo
I am a Student at Illinois State University studying Arts Technology.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Orientation Day 2

It’s Friday! Well at least it was when I did all of this stuff. I attended the second day of Orientation and thankfully received much more information than the day before. We got a folder with some information on field trips, shops, discounts, the permit of stay, and much more. The meeting was still a little long, but at least I felt like it was informative. After the meeting, Catherine, Colin, and I walked to the market (this was a new one, a little farther from our apartment than the others). Unlike some of the other ones I had been to this one was rather large and I was actually able to get a lot of the stuff that I needed to buy (laundry detergent, shampoo, food ). After the market, we went back to the apartment and Colin made us soft shell tacos (who knew they sell old el paso seasoning here ?) We each had at least two and there is still some left over. I think so far the hardest thing to find at the market is dairy products, I can’t read Italian so it is harder to figure out what everything is exactly…plus, I am a little hesitant to buy dairy if I don’t know what it is. I did find some activia (I know I like that) and I bought some milk to try as well. It is pasteurized but I think it is closer to 2% or whole than The skim milk I prefer. After we ate, we were all so full that we went into Cat’s room to watch some movies. We watched some videos on YouTube then watched an episode of Kath&Kim (an Australian TV show), After that we watched Harry Potter 8. After the movies I went back to my room for a little bit to get on my computer for a while. Later that evening, Colin was heading to France so Cat and I walked him to the train station. After saying our good byes and seeing Colin off , Cat and I headed back to the apartment stopping for a bottle of wine and some gelato along the way. We ate the gelato (I had Lemon, Fruit and Yogurt, and Strawberry Flavored gelato…Cat had Chocolate, coffe, and something else I cant remember). After eating the Delicious Gelato, we took the bottle of wine back to our apartment to stick it in the fridge, then headed out for a little late night stroll around Duomo. We took some pictures, talked to a couple of groups from LdM as we passed, then headed back to the apartment to catch some zzzzs. That’s about all we did on Friday…Click here to see the web album of the pictures above.

No comments:

Post a Comment